Some organizations are founded with a thought towards the future, while others preserve the past. The DC Creative Guild was formed out of necessity to care for the local creative community on both fronts. When the Art Director’s Club of Metropolitan Washington dissolved in late 2013, several former board members banded together with the hope of keeping it’s key ideals in place, while also caring for it’s legacy. The result of those efforts was DCCG.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
DCCG is unique in that it strives to be inclusive for all creatives and their partners who are operating in Washington, DC, and the surrounding areas. Art Directors, Illustrators, Photographers, Copywriters, Designers of all shapes and sizes, Programmers, New Media Mavens, Printers, Educators, and anyone that works in the the creative field, in any aspect. The Guild is a non-profit, and is operated by a small board made up entirely of volunteers.
THE MISSION OF DCCG
DCCG strives to support, inform, educate and inspire the local creative community. We will advocate for the highest professional standards and seek to grow and nurture a network of like-minded talents. We will also serve to preserve the extensive legacy left behind by past design organizations.
HOW WILL WE DO THIS?
Right from the beginning DCCG continued the work done by prior organizations, while seeking to learn form their mistakes, and grow in new and adventurous ways.
- DCCG will organize and host the annual DC Paper Show, bringing together creatives and vendors to explore trends and innovations, as well as networking and educational opportunities.
- Continue the storied student competition; The Real Show, where college students are challenged with three real world problems from area studios.
- Hold both local and regional networking events, bringing together creatives in unique ways, both intimate and larger than life.
- Bring in both informational and inspirational speakers on topics that will excite our membership and the DC area on the whole.
- Celebrate the legacy of the area’s creative community with the awarding of lifetime memberships.
- Re-establish a showcase for the area’s best work, truly showing what the entire region is capable of and cementing our place as a creative engine.
- Uphold the value of creative work, and help to inform the community as to it’s power and effectiveness.
Join DCCG today to access exclusive member benefits and to show your support for the local creative community!